When you are working with a client on a long-term relationship and they are not as engaged as they might have been, here are some steps to take to ensure they re-engage.
• Arrange for a special discussion in a different venue than your normal meeting place.
• Go back to their vision of success and why they want it.
• Connect your activities to the desired head and heart outcomes.
• Revisit the gap between where they want to be and where they are now.
• Given all the activities that must take place, re-prioritise and or re-sequence the activities and get a new commitment to proceed.
• Re-establish an agreement as to what you and they must do, and how you will manage a degradation of commitment.